Jeep Owner's Manuals
Category:Sport Utility Vehicles
HQ:Toledo, Ohio, United States
Jeep is an American brand of cars and also a division of FCA US LLC (previously Chrysler Group, LLC), a subsidiary of the Italian-American organization Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Jeep has been a member of Chrysler as 1987 when Chrysler bought the Jeep brand from its past owner the American Motors Corporation (AMC).
Jeep's product series consists only of SUVSs – both crossovers and fully off-road models, including one pickup truck. Earlier, Jeep's series included other pick-ups, as well as small vans, and a few roadsters. Some of Jeep's cars, such as the Grand Cherokee, entered into the luxury SUV segment.
The Jeep has been headquartered in Toledo, Ohio since the debut of the first CJ or Civilian Jeep branded models in 1945. Its follower, the Jeep Wrangler series, remains in production since 1986. With its solid axles and open top, the Wrangler has been named the Jeep model that is as central to the brand's identity.
In lowercase, the term "jeep" remains to be used as a general term for vehicles inspired by the Jeep that are fit for use on rough ground.
- Jeep Renegade BU - Subcompact SUV
- Jeep Wrangler JK - Standard wheelbase Compact SUV, 2-door version
- JK Unlimited - Long wheelbase Mid-Size SUV, 4-door version
- J8 - Mid-Size military utility vehicle
- JL - Short (2-door) and long (4-door) wheelbase SUV;
- Jeep Gladiator (JT) - mid-size pickup truck, went on sale in early 2019 as a 2020 model.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee - mid-size SUV
- Jeep Compass - compact SUV
- Jeep Cherokee KL - Mid-size SUV
Jeep known problems
Some of the common problems or complaints owners have about the Jeep are:
- Death Wobble
- Exhaust Leaks
- Clogged Fuel Injectors
- Failing Throttle Position Sensor
- Water Leaks and Wind Noise
- Transfer Case Failures
- Ignition Switch Recall
- Electronic Malfunctions
- Fuel Overflow
- Window Motor Failure
- Tail Light Circuit Corrosion
- Some Jeep models have dangerous Takata airbags
- Active head restraints deploy without warning
- Grand Cherokee's leather dashboard delaminates and wrinkles
- Electrical issues related to a TIPM failure
- Jeep aluminum valve stem corrosion
- TFW airbag crash sensors might produce seat belt and airbag failure