RAM Owner's Manuals
HQ:Auburn Hills, Michigan, United States
Ram Trucks, stylized as RAM and officially known as the Ram Truck Division, is an American brand of light to mid-weight commercial cars installed in 2010 as a division of FCA US LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Italian-American multinational Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.
It was cut off from the Dodge marque, using the name of the Ram Pickup series of trucks. Ram Trucks' logo was initially used as Dodge's logo. Ram "Classic" trucks are produced at the Warren Truck Plant in Warren Michigan and the Saltillo factory in Saltillo, Mexico. New series Ram pickups are built at Sterling Heights Assembly in Sterling Heights, Michigan.
- Ram 700 (2014–present): The Fiat Strada, a coupé utility marketed in Chile, Bolivia, Colombia, and Peru.
- Ram 1000 (2018–present): The Fiat Toro, a compact pickup produced in Brazil, and marketed in Latin America as the Ram 1000.
- Ram 1200 (2016–present): The Fiat Fullback, a midsize pickup produced by a Fiat–Mitsubishi joint venture, and marketed as the Ram 1200 in the United Arab Emirates.
- Ram Pickup (1981–present): The flagship product line, including models 1500, 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500.
- Ram ProMaster Van (2013–present): The line of Fiat Ducato full-size vans are marketed as Ram ProMaster vans in North America. The line covers models 1500, 2500, and 3500, with cut-away cab chassis variants available.
- Ram ProMaster City (2014–present): The Fiat Doblò van is marketed as the Ram ProMaster City in North America.
- Ram ProMaster Rapid/Ram V700 Rapid (2014–present): The Latin America-spec Fiat Fiorino van is marketed as the Ram ProMaster Rapid and the Ram V700 Rapid South America.
- Ram V700 City (2018-present): The European-spec Fiat Fiorino van is marketed as the Ram V700 City in Chile.
Ram known problems
Some of the common problems or complaints owners have about the Ram are:
- TIPM problems
- Cam and lifter malfunction
- Body structure problems
- Coolant leaks
- Engine and transmission issues
- Exhaust manifest bolts
- Broken dashboard
- Faulty window seals
- Lighting problems
- Wheel bearings