Alfa Romeo Owner's Manuals
Since:24 June 1910
Alfa Romeo Automobiles S.p.A. is an Italian luxury vehicle maker, established as a Società Anonima Italiana Darracq (SAID), a company that would create and market special Darracq models for Italy.
Since the Italian Darracq vehicles were selling slowly, in June 1910, a new company was founded named A.L.F.A. ("Anonymous Lombard Automobile Factory").
The company's title is a mixture of the original name, "A.L.F.A." ("Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili"), and the last name of entrepreneur Nicola Romeo, who took control of the business in 1915.
Alfa Romeo has raced successfully in Grand Prix motor racing, Formula One, sportscar racing, touring car racing, and rallies. It has competed for both as a constructor and an engine supplier, via works entries and private entries. The first racing vehicle was made in 1913, three years after the foundation of the company, and Alfa Romeo won the inaugural world championship for Grand Prix cars in 1925.
- Alfa Romeo Giulietta - The Giulietta is a five-door, small family car officially announced at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show and replaced the 147.
- Alfa Romeo 4C - The 4C is a small, lightweight rear-wheel-drive two-seater sports car available in a coupe and convertible body styles. The vehicle was revealed as a concept car in 2011.
- Alfa Romeo Giulia - The new Giulia was revealed to the press at the Museo Storico Alfa Romeo in Arese, on 24 June 2015.
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio - The Stelvio, Alfa Romeo's first production SUV was presented at the 2016 Los Angeles Auto Show. Competes in the same category as the Porsche Macan, Jaguar F-Pace, Audi Q5, Mercedes-Benz GLC, and BMW X3.
Alfa Romeo known problems
Some of the common problems or complaints owners have about the Alfa Romeo are:
- Suspension issues.
- The front suspension can fail and cause a knocking sound.
- Door alignment issues, commonly seen in the 159 causing the breeze to come in.
- Engine/drivetrain and electrical systems prone to failure.
- Rust seen in older models causing to dissolve in wet climates.