Honda Civic owners manuals
- The failing transmission was a common issue in both 2001 and 2002 Honda Civic models.
- Models from 2006 had frequent reports of cracked engine blocks. If a cracked engine leaks enough coolant, it can cause overheat and fail.
- The 2006 models, the most common issue by owners was a deteriorated sun visor.
- Used Honda Civic models from 2001-2004 are also well-known for heating problems. A bad thermal fuse would either produce the blower to stop working and the HVAC system had to be replaced entirely.
- A faulty airbag warning light may appear in Civic models made in later years. If the light intermittently flashes on and off for no reason then a defective occupant position sensor is usually the problem.
The Honda Civic is a range of cars produced by Honda. Initially a subcompact car, the Civic has suffered some changes, becoming both larger and more upscale, jumping into the compact vehicle segment. According to EPA standard is considered a mid-size car, and as such the tenth generation Civic sedan is considered a small-end mid-size vehicle, although it still competes in the compact class. The Civic currently is slotted within the Honda City and Honda Accord.
The first-generation Civic was launched in July 1972 as a two-door model, followed later by a three-door hatchback. Originally getting a reputation for being reliable, environmentally friendly, and fuel-efficient later models have become known for performance, notably the Civic Type R, Civic VTi, Civic GTi, and Civic SiR/Si.
The Honda Civic sedan is available in LX, Sport, EX, EX-L, Touring, and Si trims. The LX and the Sport are equipped with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine (158 horsepower, 138 lb-ft of torque) mated to either a six-speed manual or a continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT). The EX, EX-L, and Touring are powered by a turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder (174 hp, 162 lb-ft) paired to the CVT automatic. The Si uses a more powerful version of this engine (205 hp, 192 lb-ft) and is only available with the manual transmission.
Honda Civic known problems
Some of the common problems or complaints owners have about the Honda Civic are: