Kia Niro Hybrid Ev owners manuals
- All-wheel drive is not available despite SUV marketing and design
- Limited cargo space than most competitors
- The hybrid system can fail
- Lack of pick up when stepping on the gas
- Delay in reaction time
- Difficult to drive and the overall hybrid powertrain is not one of the best
The Kia Niro is a hybrid hatchback/small SUV produced by Kia Motors as 2016. A plugin variant debuted in the United Kingdom in 2017, and in the United States at the start of 2018, with an electric variant introduced in 2018.
The Kia Niro concept was revealed in 2013 at the Frankfurt Auto Show. The 2017 Kia Niro was revealed in 2016 at the Chicago Auto Show. A hybrid SUV, the model's outside design is sold as "un hybrid", stating it is more convenient than other hybrid vehicles.
The Kia Niro is available in five trims. Every Niro is powered by a four-cylinder hybrid-electric powertrain that produces 139 horsepower and is rated to have a fuel economy of 43 to 50 miles per US gallon. Its battery has a capability of 1.56 kWh, and a mass of 33 kg. The power is sent to the front wheels through a six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
Kia Niro known problems
Some of the common problems or complaints owners have about the Kia Niro are: