Honda Civic Del Sol owners manuals
- Removable Roof Can be Loud and Leak Water
- Bad Engine Mounts Cay Produce Vibration, Roughness, and Rattle
- Warped Front Brake Rotors Can Generate Vibration When Braking
- Evaporator or condenser can leak
- Mold on AC evaporator
- Oil Leak From Engine and Potential Check Engine Ligh
The Honda del Sol is a 2-seater automobile produced by Honda in the 1990s. Based on the Honda Civic platform, the del Sol was the follower of the Honda CR-X. It was introduced in 1992 in Japan, the United Kingdom, and the U.S.
The Spanish word "del Sol" comes from "of the sun", and relates to the vehicle's opening roof. It highlighted a detachable hardtop that stowed in the back and a retractable rear window. Manual and automatic “TransTop” roofs were possible.
The Civic Del Sol SiR won recognition in Japan as one of the first mass-production vehicles to produce more than 100 HP per liter and the prime with an electronic targa roof. Performance specifications from 0-100 km/h (62 mph) were 7 seconds and a quarter-mile time of 14.7. Making and sales dropped with the 1997 model in the U.S. and 1998 abroad.
Honda del Sol known problems
Some of the common problems or complaints owners have about the Honda del Sol are: